Alternate Program - New Students - Referral Process
If the student is a current student of the Abbotsford School District you will need to meet with the Principal or Vice Principal and Counsellor of the student's current Secondary School to discuss referring the student to Bakerview Centre for Learning. If their current school admin believe that Bakerview is a better fit, they will then send a referral package. Once accepted by Bakerview Centre for Learning, the District Learning Support Services will contact the prospective student/parents for an intake meeting. Intake meetings are an opportunity to meet with students and their parent/guardian to go over course selections, strengths and challenges of the student, as well as any concerns they may have.
If the student is not a current student of the Abbotsford School District please contact Bakerview at 604-859-7820 to discuss your options.
Documents required for Registering (As per school district policy)
1. Proof of age of the child by birth certificate or passport
2. Proof of address of the parent/guardian must be shown by presenting two of the following legal documents:
Mortgage Document, Rental or Lease Agreement, Property Sale Agreement, Property Tax Notice, Home Insurance, Utility Bill, MSP bill, Child Tax Credit, Income Tax Assessment, Vehicle Insurance, most recent T4.
Alternate Program - Returning Students
Each school year we contact families of returning Bakerview Centre for Learning students to book intake meetings for September. In the last week of August, we also send out a link to the Guardian Permissions form for the upcoming school year. Both the intake meeting, and completion of the permissions form, are a yearly requirement for students attending Bakerview.
The intake appointment is an opportunity for teachers and EAs to meet with students and their parent/guardian to go over course selections, strengths, and challenges of the student. It is also a chance to discuss any concerns the students and/or parent/guardians may have.
- That you complete the online permissions form before your intake appointment
- That you contact the office if your phone number, address, or email address has changed (604-859-7820 or email@example.com)
- If you moved over the summer, please bring your Proof of Address (ID, Utility Bill, Banking or Credit Card statements, Insurance forms) to your intake appointment or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (with your name and your child’s name noted)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email email@example.com or call 604-859-7820.